As One Door Closes Episode Review
Brief: When Delboy’s hooky ‘louvry’ door deal, financed with Denzil’s redundancy money, falls through, the boys attempt to repay him by catching a rare butterfly. Just when things looked like they were working out friendly Denzil comes along.
Duration: 30 minutes
Viewing Figures: 14.2 million
- In As One Door Closes, You can tell that the Butterfly is fake, especially when del is trying to catch it on the roof of the building, you can clearly see the string.
- In As One Door Closes, Del says when they are in the cemetary that Grandad is in the garden of ‘external peace’ which surely means he was cremated yet In ‘Strained Relations’,Grandad has been buried.
- In As One Door Closes, when Del is on the phone, finding out that the designer has changed their mind, as he puts the phone down the hand piece falls apart and David Jason appears to just about stop himself from having a laugh out loud.
- In As One Door Closes, the whole of the scene in the cemetary is actualy filmed in a studio. Although it is very realistic look at the contours on the screen. They only start filming outside when Del is slowly climing the roof for the butterfly!
- In As One Door Closes, After Del pushes Rodney into the water he takes ages to stand up, while Del is talking to Albert Rodney is just flapping his arms around. If the water’s only 3 feet deep he’d be able to stand up straight away.
- In As One Door Closes, Rodney’s age is 24, yet three series earlier in “Big Brother” he is 23 !! wish we could all age as well!
- In As One Door Closes, at the beginning of the episode the bloke with the louvre (lowvery) doors is called “TEDDY” cummings, Later Del tells Rodney that “TOMMY” cummings was chucking ‘em out of the first floor window.
- In As one Door Closes, at the scene when they go to there Mums gravestone the bench is several footsteps away and the ground directly behind the bench is clear, yet in “Yellow Peril” Del and Rodney go to there Mums graveyard, and the bench is one step away from the elaborate gravestone, also directly behind the bench are other gravestones, clearly a different cemetery.
- In As one Door Closes, When Del first calls out to Denzil after hearing he has redundancy money, and Denzil shouts back: “You’re not having any!”, he is standing next to the man who had earlier inquired about the sharpness of Del’s trimming combs. Denzil then runs through the hanging bag which Del pushes into Rodney while in pursuit, then suddenly the pair find themselves running past the customer again. Where did he spring from? They should have left him behind ages ago!