Miami Twice - oh to be in England Episode Review
Brief: Del Boy and Rodney haven’t been in Miami a day yet they bumped into these nice ‘Family’ boys at the night club and they can stay with them. What they don’t know is that there is a Godfather involved; Don Ochetti, and they are expendable. On the run in the Everglades is not fun, but maybe they will bump into someone they know!
Duration: 95 minutes
Viewing Figures: 14.9 million
- In Miami Twice (part 2), after rodney tells del he has just seen his double they go and see if they can find him and when del gets to the door way of don ochetis room you can see dels shadow on the wall but as he walks away you can also see another shadow that wasn’t there before.
- In Miami Twice (part 2), When Rachael is walking passed the church with Damien in his pram, the vicar is blessing the lorry load of wine. He then informs her that it is the wrong colour(white not red).So why was he blessing it?
- In Miami Twice (part 2), Del has his camera stolen and the scene finishes with Del chasing the thief. In the next scene Del not only has his camera back but he also has the thiefs camera!
- In Miami Twice (part 2), Don Ocheti is being watched constantly by Police surveilance. If this is so and they assume Del is Don (like they do on the jet ski and at the restaurant), how come they never followed them both when they made a run for it at the end, when they discovered Rico and company were the Mafia?!
- In Miami Twice (part 2), When Rodney finally phones Cassandra from Rico’s mansion, listen for Cassandra’s voice as the camera first cuts back to the mansion from the airport. She is saying “Are you alright?”, and you can still hear her saying the “alright” down the telephone line when the picture cuts back to Rodney at the mansion. However, after this, her voice can’t be heard at all down the phone line, even though Rodney is still “replying” to her questions. Very subtle but very noticeable once you’ve spotted it!
- In Miami Twice (part 2), at the start of episode, when Rodney is telling Del to take his earphones out, check out the laugh by Del as he realises what Rodney is saying. It is obviously overdubbed, albeit very badly.
- In Miami Twice (part 2), you can see….one of the Mafia family breaks into Del and Rodney’s camper van. But at this point they could not have known it was their van because they had not yet spoken to them?
- In Miami Twice (part 2), When Del & rodney have just got on Boycie’s boat in the Everglades, Rico is about to try to shoot them. He picks up his gun and passes his glasses across to one of his bodyguards, but the bodyguard drops them. You then see the two men behind Rico laugh.
- In Miami Twice (part 2), At the beginning of the episode Delboy asks a local to take a photo of himself and Rodney, the local looks at the camera he owns, then looks at Delboy’s and runs off with it. Although Delboy chases after him we assume Del never catches him, however in the next scene when Delboy and Rodney are hiring the camper van, Delboy, quite clearly has the camera hanging round his neck.
- In Miami Twice (part 2), Del’s camera above, If you look in the scene after the camera is stolen. Del has his own and he also has the thief’s small yellow one. Hanging around his neck. So he must have caught him.
- In Miami Twice (part 2), just after Del face gets soaked and mucky from falling into the Everglades, Del moans to Rodney about “who put this swamp thing here?” yet his face is now all cleaned up!
- In Miami Twice (part 2), When Del bravely falls into the swamp (Everglades) a twig gets caught in his hat. It stays with him until they sit down for the alligator scene. At that point the twig suddenly vanishes.
- In Miami Twice (part 2), when Tyler spots Uncle Rodney on the side of the riverbank, somehow the voice doesn’t seem to fit the child.
- In Miami Twice (part 2), the BBC video in the shops is edited and is around 6 minutes shorter than the version shown on TV in 1991- This could be due to contractual reasons on the music used.