Second Time Around
Brief: Del’s rekindled passion with an old flame Pauline and it looks like wedding bells are in the air again. Rodney’s not so thrilled after what happened to her first two husbands…With Aunt Rose on hand there is always an escape route.
Duration: 30 minutes
Viewing Figures: 7.8 million
- In The Second Time Around, near the end when the Trotters re-enter the flat and Grandad checks the kitchen, you can see Lennard Pearce waiting for his cue.
- In The Second Time Around, When Del, Grandad and Rodney return to the flat after staying with “Auntie”, they rush in and whist Grandad is checking the kitchen you can clearly see Lennard Pearce standing by the door waiting for his cue.
- In The Second Time Around watch closely when Del bursts through the flat door and it springs back into his face…Rodney kicks the door back with his feet!
- In The Second Time Around is clearly linked to “The Miracle of Peckham” when granddad is saying how Del used to donate to the church roof fund … etc .. Sullivan goes and bases a whole episode on the same idea a few years later ! excellent !!
- In The Second Time Around When Rodney hears the front door slam as Del returns with news of his engagement,the dipstick instructs Grandad to ‘STAY vaguely at the T.V. screens’!
Second Time Around Script
The Original tune for the opening series one was very different to the now well known tune currently used.
So where is Pauline Harris today – Jill Baker
Recently she was found in a BBC sitcom “Screaming”. She is the one on the right. Seems Del missed out after all.
The Second Time Around location